Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Taylor Tomasi-Hill




Taylor Tomasi-Hill is the accessories editor at Marie Claire in the United States. I love her effortless and practical style. She never. ever. looks bad.


Taylor was recently interviewed by Refinery29:

What are your five key wardrobe pieces, things you wear constantly?
1. "Burberry trench coats, a great classic staple for fall or spring."
2. "Madewell destroyed boyfriend jeans, I dress them up with my YSL heels for the office, or down with sneakers for traveling."
3. "Punkrose leopard print sneakers, my go-to for days when my feet can't take anything over .5 inches."
4. "Chanel bag, I just got a large 2.55 after years of lusting after it. This one is the perfect carryall. My other tiny Chanel bags were always exploding with all the stuff I would try to pack in them."
5. "My Rick Owens leather jacket, I can mix it with anything for an edgier effect. They are so expensive, but I stay on their radar and email list to make sure I'm always there for the sales."

Do you have any particular dressing philosophies or strategies?
"I try to stay true to myself as much as possible. I love to mix and match pieces from stores like J.Crew and Topshop with my runway favorites like Proenza Schouler, Ann Demeulemeester, and Phillip Lim. Also being comfortable is a huge part of getting dressed, because I spend a ton of time running around the city from appointments, to meetings, and in and out of the office. Anything too tight, short, or high just doesn't work with my lifestyle. I also feel like I have to be practical. I go to Fashion Week in every city and packing for a 27-day marathon can be pretty challenging. Basics save my life!"

No comments: