Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Backstage Beauty: Kate Sylvester MBFWA S/S 14' Rose Gold



Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia was a visual feast. Not only did we get to indulge in cutting edge fashion designed by our very own, we were spoilt by stunning imagery thanks to the handiwork of makeup artists, hair stylists and manicurists.

 A show that ranked high for me, and ticked all of the above boxes immediately was the chic ultra-preppy Kate Sylvester show.

 I loved the creamy tan leather that was used throughout this collection and the billowy skirts, but when I took a closer look at the makeup, that's when I fell in love.

 Kate Sylvester put a fresh new spin on rose gold makeup. This time it wasn't about the two shades combined making a lustrous metallic finish, it was about the colours being distinctly separate. I love the pink popping lip in a matte finish, and I also adorned the metallic gold nails.

I was so besotted that I saved all you guys some trawling on the inter-webs and found the exact products they used backstage to create this fabulous contrast.

 Makeup artists smeared M.A.C's Candy Yum Yum Lipstick and manicurists neatly applied CND's Gold Chrome #548 nail polish.

This is one runway beauty recipe I won't be forgetting for a long time!

 SS x

No comments: