Wednesday, April 24, 2013

One to watch: Emily Weiss



If there are two things I love in life it’s fashion and beauty. Actually I lie – let’s make it three things. Fashion, beauty and authenticity.

Someone who's been on my radar for a while, that I’ve sneakily kept hidden up my sleeve (please forgive), is the extremely successful Emily Weiss. She is a prime example of someone who embodies all of the above.

If you haven’t yet been acquainted with this charismatic darling, she’s the founder and creative director of Into The Gloss – a site that offers not only a left-of-centre attitude towards beauty, but also details the ‘beauty lives’ of many It girls where they're able to honestly talk about their favourite makeup purchases, open up their beauty cabinets and share their grooming rituals, whether they are well-versed or a little curious to say the least.

On my morning coffee run a couple of days ago I had a few spare minutes to flip through some scattered magazines lying on a coffee table. It surprised me that Emily was featured in numerous publications for her street style over the past few fashion weeks. It really showed that she’s a force to be reckoned with, excelling at not only what lip colour shade looks best on her (I’m going to put it right out there and say it’s red!) but how to mix and match colours, textiles, prints and shapes.

Below are some of my favourite looks. Enjoy!









SS x

No comments: