Wednesday, June 19, 2013

5 Ways to speed up your morning beauty routine… for under $25




I’m kind of hating winter this year. Waking up in the wee hours of the morning then running to the shower before my toes turn into icy polls isn’t exactly fun.

What’s even less fun? Having to get out of the shower. I have to literally start a countdown in my head and force myself to turn off the taps once I get to ten. (I play all sorts of kooky games with myself.)

So once I waste twenty minutes forcing myself to get out of bed, and spend another twenty playing my little countdown game – I leave myself with a mere ten minutes to slap on some makeup and make my hair look as close to groomed as I can get.

So, here are five products I’ve been using to help speed up my beautifying routine so that I’m on the highway in a jiffy, chugging back a travel mug full of instant poison-tasting coffee while wishing the traffic would just disapear. 

1. Fructis Nutri-Repair Fortifying Shampoo & Conditioner 

 


What it is? Shampoo and Conditioner

Why it’s quick: This shampoo and conditioner combo is fantastic at detangling and smoothing the cuticles of your hair thanks to creamy formulations. The speediest part of the process is when you hop out of the shower and it takes only a few seconds to comb out any kinks – this is a real time saver. No one links battling freezing cold, dripping wet hair on a chilly morning.

Why I love it: The shampoo and conditioner contains essentials like avocado oil to soften, shea oil to add instant gloss to the hair follicle, and olive oil with its potent proteins, minerals and vitamins. It also smells like a Phuket resort thanks to the above ingredients which is a nice way to wake up.

How much it will cost you: $5.95 for the shampoo and $8.95 for the conditioner. Bargain!


2. Polished London Dry Shampoo 


What is it? Dry Shampoo

Why it’s quick: This one is pretty self explanatory – especially if you’ve already used/loved dry shampoo before. If you haven’t, and this sounds like fresh beauty news to you, this product works like an ultra-absorbing hair spray. When sprayed onto oily-dirty hair, it will not only remove an sight on previous greasiness, it will help volumise hair and pretty much make you look like a goddess in an instant.

Polished London’s variation is not only cheap, but comes in Blighty Brunette which has a hint of brown for girls who don’t want the look of white powder near their roots, Bonny Blonde, Bristol Bloom and Cornwall Coconut.

Why I love it: I’ve been loving Cornwall Coconut (Not just for the Brit-name) but for those mornings I have woken up and was too lazy to wash my hair the night before.

How much it will cost you: Only $4.99

 3. The Balm Balms Away Eye Makeup Remover


What it is? An Eye Makeup Remover.

Why it’s quick: After applying just the smallest quantity of this balm (that visually looks like petroleum jelly) onto a cotton ball and brushing down on my eyelids/eyelashes after a hard day wearing long wear eye makeup – it slides off with ease. Both eyes only take ten seconds to remove. In the morning however, if I’ve cleansed my face the night before without using a proper makeup remove (and just my usual cleansers) and I wake up with the inevitable panda eyes – I can quickly remove all mascara and eyeliner grime without wasting precious coffee-inhaling time.

Why I love it: What’s not to love about this product? It comes in a seriously cute vintage-look tin that’ll probably last a lifetime. It’s been ergonomically designed so you only have to push down on the “press presser” for the lid to open for you. It contains vitamins A,C,E and plant derived lipids (Lipids: constitute a group of naturally occurring molecules that include fats, waxes, sterols, fat-soluble vitamins) and it’s more witty then Tina Fey. I especially enjoyed “Eye makeup break-up”.

How much it will cost you: $20

4. Bourjois Flower Perfection Translucent Smoothing Primer 


What is it? Primer


Why it’s quick: Primer is fantastic and a makeup must-have for many reasons. A) it fills in pores and fine lines b) it makes your makeup stay in place for longer c) it stops future breakouts by filling your pores with nutrients (in this case wild azalea extract) instead of allowing foundations nasties to sink into the layers of your skin and d) It helps makeup slide on super-duper fast because it creates a silky finish.


Why I love it: This little tub of primer smells like heaven thanks to florally-vanilla notes, it looks and feels like a marshmallow, and you only need the tiniest amount to cover your whole face. I can then buff my foundation in with ease and only need the smallest gloop of it thanks to the way my makeup brush can glide around with ease.


How much will it cost you: $24

 

6.  Essence STAYS No Matter What 24h Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

 

What it is: Liquid Eyeliner in pen-form.


Why it’s quick: Because you hold this eyeliner like a felt-tip pen, you can easily draw a neat line with ease. I love a winged-eye, so when using this bad boy in the mornings I can create a clean cat-eye minus any smudging within a millisecond.


Why I love it: Apart from the fact that it costs less then your regular grande Starbucks coffee, the formulation is waterproof which means it’s great for those days when you’re about to see a sad movie, or if you’re like me and love long wear makeup (this pen is 24hrs) so you can stay profesh-looking all day.


How much it will cost you: A whopping $4.95. Better start saving kids! Just joking.


Have you got any of the above in mind to spend your loose change on?

SS x

No comments: