Saturday, February 23, 2013

Rachel Weisz ranks 10/10




If Rachel Weisz were to offer herself up on plater during a MKR (My Kitchen Rules) dinner party, I’m sure she would get three ten out of tens. Ten out of ten for hair, ten out of ten for makeup and ten out of ten for her dress (by Victoria Beckham), but I don’t know if that last score should be put down to her amazing body - I’ll let you decide that one.

Blame the above analogy on my current fixation on all things cooking (baking in particular), but what Rachel revealed at the LA Premiere of OZ The Great and the Powerful was in one word – decadent.

In this post I’ve decided to pinpoint the exact elements of her makeup that made her look so flawless on the night.

1.      Start with an amazing base. For an evening look like Rachel’s, I recommend a sheer hard working foundation opposed to your daily BB cream. I’d use Sheer Luminous Fluid Foundation by Burberry, rather fitting really, since Rachel is an English rose. ($75)


2.      Rachel’s cheeks have been given a delicate wash of pink rouge. To copy this look carefully sweep the smallest amount Bourjois Sculpting Duo Effect Blush which works to enhance the cheekbones.

3.      Those brows! Have a close look at the image of Rach. She has no patchiness or sparse zones in her brows. They complete and frame her face. I’d use my go-to brow kit by Young blood – Brow Artiste.

4.      For the lips, coat them in a luxurious lip gloss. I’d go for Lancôme L’Absolu Crème de Brillance Lipgloss in shade 220 for a more fresh finish.

5.      To add a slight plum tone to the eyelids ( a great hue if you are of a fairer complexion) try the CK One Color Powder Eyeshadow Quad. The plum tone that I was searching for was found in this adorable compact, I’ve also found that the new CK One makeup range packs a punch in terms of pigmented colours, a big plus.

 6.      For the eyelashes, I’d apply Ardell’s Whispies. They are cheap (yay!) and look totally natural when applied correctly.

7.      To define the eyes like Rachel you will need to draw on liquid eyeliner. Try Max Factor Glide & Define Liquid Eyeliner, the actual applicator looks like a pen rather then a tiny bristled brush, so you’re less likely to make mistakes. Carefully line your upper lashes until both eyes have reached symmetry. For the bottom lash line you will need a piece of paper (bare with me here) and place it on a slight angle which gravitates towards the bottom of your eye lobe. With your liquid eyeliner, draw from the middle of your bottom lashes outwards, making sure to draw over the paper. Once you lift the paper away you will have a sharp line with a great geometric element like Rachel’s. To soften, take a brown eye shadow and delicately sweet under your lower lashes to create a seamless finish.

 

That’s it girlies. I hope you are all having a really relaxing Sunday. My plans are to hit the gym, catch up with friends, get on top of all my writing for the week and organise my makeup boxes. What about you?

SS x

No comments: