Friday, April 5, 2013

March Love List:


Wasn’t March another whirl wind month! I’ve got a feeling that April will mimic its speed because it’s already the 6th, and I’m only posting this blog now (I just gave myself a little slap on the wrist!)

Without further ado, here were my favourite aspects of March in all their glory:  

1. Australis Pout Paste – I had the chance to try Australis’ new lip range aptly called Pout Paste. The word 'paste' might conjure up visions of clag glue from our former primary school years, but the texture of this lip lacquer is anything but. 



Consider it a hydrating lipstick – in liquid form! Liquid lipsticks have the ability to hydrate as well as offer punchy block colour for your lips. I found that the pigment can be applied like a tint (spread on sparingly, then rub lips together for a more natural tone) or you can apply two coasts for an extremely glossy and colourful punch.

My favourite hue from the Pout Paste range? It’s got to be the Berry Nice Kiss. The hue is close to purple, but with pink undertones anyone could carry this hue off.

  1. By Johnny Pink Panel Shift – March saw me add a new (and super cute) dress to my wardrobe. Say hello to Mr By Johnny, the pink shift with plenty of attitude. I particularly like this dress for it’s simplicity in shape, but also for how it’s completely eye-catching thanks to the bright fuchsia panels. So far I’ve worn it to work and a few special pr events.

  1. Grandma’s Little Bakery Alexandria A well known foodie destination in Alexandria, Grandma’s Little Bakery offers those who live or work in the outskirts of Sydney’s busy CBD a chance to sit somewhere quirky-cool and enjoy a large menu of all day breakfasts and so much more. 


My picks? I’d go for the spinach and eggs (pictured) that are served in a mini frying pan. And before you leave, check out the small shop towards the back of the restaurant. Their made-in-store Turkish delight ice cream is to die for!


  1. X-training – Being a gym bunny means I like to try out different exercise classes regularly to keep my workouts varied. However, when first asked to try X-training at my local gym I was more then hesitant. It was described as a cross between cross fit/cardio and body pump. This elusive description had me imagining pure torture. And guess what – it was! Hence why I loved it, I had the best workout in months.


Our trainer who is ex-army had us squatting for 15 minutes, then running to our glow-in-the-dark spin room and completing three tracks off Macklemore’s new album while increasing the tempo as well as stand-cycling through choruses. Simply – I died.

  1. DMK (Danné Montague-King) Herb and Mineral Moisture Restoring Spray – For someone who suffers from Eczema and sometimes severely dry skin, this moisture restoring spray filled with a gorgeous blend of botanical herbs and minerals helped to instantly calm and refresh my skin. I particularly loved to spritz it after I came out of the shower. This polarised solution contains essential amino acids and aims to increase hydration levels in the epidermis of the skin.

That’s it my loves. What was your favourite part of March?

SS x

No comments: