Monday, June 3, 2013

Swatch Out! New Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss


Hello lovers!

Weekends are for handywork. You know raking up leaves, putting on a couple of loads of washing, baking bread, maybe even getting crafty with a paintbrush.

While I'm guessing most dads would only have home renovations in mind when asked to think of said paintbrush - my only thought is of DIY mani's. Well painting is part of this activity right?!

 You can't blame me either, you'd be dreaming of mani's too if you just received the latest and glossiest polishes from Covergirl's new Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss Collection.

I swatched all three colours over the weekend and snapped the results above. Here's my thoughts.

From top to bottom:

1. Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss in Violast:

Firstly this laquer doesnt lie when it claimes to be glossy! When slicking it on, you can immeditaly tell by the thick matte texture that the end result will look like a professional mani with no streaks or wishwashy colour.

When applying, I asked Aaron (A.K.A boyfriend) what colour he thought it was. After some consideration he said "blurple" because "it's not quite blue, not quite purple" - what a cutie! And he's right, this deep shade of lavender is a perfect mix of both.

Extra points for drying time - after two coats it only takes roughly 2-3 minutes for this nail gloss to dry. Pretty impressive!

2. Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss in Coral Silk:

Don't have the annual leave to jet off to the Great Barrier Reef? Who cares! Grab yourself Coral Silk and you can cast your eyes on this vibrant tropical hue all day long! Out of the three colours above, this has been my favourite yet. I love how acid bright this variety of orange is. It's definitely helping to perk up my dreary winter mornings. Once again, only two coats is needed.

3. Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss in Midnight Magic:

Midnight Magic was the only shade with shimmer particles that I trialled. Because it isn't of the matte variety (like the two above), I had to apply three coats to reach the perfect colour vs. sparkle ratio. At first I was worried that this would mean my nails wouldn't dry properly from excess polish, but after waiting the normal time of 2-3 minutes my nails were rock-solid and dry! I love how galatical my phalanges looked! Ahh-maze!

Over all, this new colection does offer a super glossy finish even when dried. The colour is easy to apply, there are seventeen amazing hues to choose from that are all very on-trend (not one ugly, murky colour in the collection!) and at $6.95 - you can't really go wrong can you?

Which of the above swatches do you love most?

SS x


No comments: