So I’ve discovered a beauty game-changer. Yes, it relates to new miracle products, but this isn’t what literally changed up my beauty routine. It was more my new organisation strategy that now saves me time and has me looking better in the morning, and to think all it took was a clear toiletry bag?!
Let me explain – How many times have you gotten ready for bed by showering, cleansing, wiping down to then slather on what you think you want on your face, to head back to bed all rugged up to then realise you left one of your must-haves in the bathroom.
You then contemplate, should I get out for bed? You then decide to either struggle out of bed hating yourself while doing so, or go to sleep feeling guilty in the morning when your face looks like a dried up Cruskit.
You see, having all the essentials in a clear beauty bag next to your bed, that never moves, is fail safe. I always end up using at least five products from within, and even on hung-over mornings my skin looks pretty decent, thanks to the magical contents within.
Without further ado, here is what is in my bed side beauty bag!
1. Living Proof Restore Targeted Repair Cream - I use this on the ends of freshly washed hair while I lay in bed, or the night before I know I’m going to wash my hair the next morning I slather it throughout. It’s Fabulous because it replaces lost ceramides to restructure, strengthen and seal the protective outer layer of the hair. It prevents 93% of new split ends and provides all-day protection from UV damage.
2. Glamourflage Raunchy Rosie Hand Cream – I rub this all over my hands and onto my cuticles. It smells like a florist – no joke! Packed full of seven different moisturisers (including Macadamia Nut Oil, Coconut Oil and vitamin E) - a classic for repairing any damages life may inflict. Underpinned by a good dash of aloe vera - what can we say… its miraculous soothing and anti-inflammatory qualities are legendary.
. Trilogy Everything Balm – I’ve raved about this product relentlessly! I place it on hard elbows, toes, cuticles and my lips to help soften!
4. Medik8 beta Gel Acne treatment gel – This is a fast working spot fixer. Literally you place it on any breakouts and the next morning you notice that the spots have either disappeared or are at least majorly repaired.
5. Rationale Immunologist Niacinamide Serum – This serum can be used morning or night, but because it helps fix any pigmentation, I love to smear it on skin at night as it properly soaks into the pores. Immunologist Niacinamide Serum promises skin clarity and calmness. Vitamin B3 boosts the skins immune responses and targets pigmentation, while Leukocyte extract, Adenosine Triphosphate and Amino Acids provide a vital source of cellular energy, optimising intercellular communication and skin barrier function.
. Panadol osteo – A weird one to list, but if I have drunk a lot that night (naughty cocktails), or have hormonal symptoms then taking two of these with at least half a litre of water makes me wake up more refreshed, isn’t that what beauty is about?
7. Olay Regenerist anti aging eye roller. Anti Ageing, for me it is about prevention rather than cure. Although I am only 22 years young, I might as well make sure I keep frown lines, crow’s feet and laughter lines at bay. This great pen by Olay features three tiny roller micro balls, so as you are applying the serum to eyes you are also messaging gently which helps with unwanted puffiness.
8. Aerobic Apothecary Sniff Box – for those who love aromatherapy this is for you! This is not a topical beauty product; it is strictly for your nose to smell. It contains a fragrant blend of cedar wood, eucalyptus, pine and olibanum oils.
9. Devique Supreme Radiance Vitamin C Complex Serum – This product smells like carrot juice, but boy the results are worth it. I apply this serum at night and it absorbs so fast that I can then layer on other products. It helps improve the appearance of skin discoloration and reduce the visible signs of ageing. It greatly improves skin tone, revealing radiant and younger looking skin.
10. Nails Inc London Kensington Top Coat Caviar – The speediest clear topcoat ever! Perfect to apply just before you doze off and maintain the newness of your mani!
11. Skin O2 Hyaluronic Serum- After applying this serum my skin instantly feels refreshed. It helps in revitalising the skin by enhancing its natural ability for retaining moisture content.
12. Lucas’ Papaw Ointment – A beauty staple for most. Really handy to have in my bed side beauty bag for those nights where my lips are chapped.
13. Nuxe Crème Prodigieuse Anti-oxident Anti-stress moisturising crème – This French wonder product helps tired, stressed out skin to relax. I apply this after the serum I opt for that night.
14. The Aromatherapy Co Sleep Pulse Point – Insomniacs rejoice! This pulse point fragrance with top notes of chamomile and lavender will help you lull into an easy sleep. A necessity in any beauty bedside bag.
5. Tweezers Young Blood – These came in the Young Blood Brow Artiste kit, but I keep them in this bag for when I spot a hair I don’t want.. Who wants to jump out of bed to hunt down tweezers when you’re comfy?
16. Nail clippers – for any raggedy cuticles that I can carefully trim.
17. Mukti Antioxidant Facial Oil – My favourite facial serum. It is so rich and decadent with a blend of essential oils that I rarely need to put a moisturiser on top of this before I hit the hay.
18. Luster Premium White Super Whitener – I apply this to my teeth while looking into a mirror sitting up in bed. You have to allow for the whitener to dry for thirty seconds, but after then you’re good to go to sleep and wake up with whiter teeth. Genius!
What’s in your beauty bed side bag? Do you have another system to keep regularly used beauty product close to hand?