Sunday, May 19, 2013

Essie and Apivita changed my mind about apricot flavoured cosmetics...


I never really considered myself a big fan of apricots. Sure, they taste rather nice (especially when dried) but I never jumped at the opportunity to try this fruit in cosmetic form.

But after two "Close Encounters of the Apricot Kind" I have changed my opinion completely!

See hello to the talented and beautifully scented Essie Apricot Cuticle Oil and Apivita's Facial Exfoliating Gentle Cleansing Gel that have kick started my fruity fascination.



I tried Essie's Apricot Cuticle Oil first. The fragrance really is as close as you can get to apricots without actually eating any! What I liked best about this oil though is that is absorbs super fast, meaning the nutrients within are carried into the skin around the nail bed quickly instead of being rubbed off minutes later as you continue on with your daily errands. The distinctive combination of cotton seed and soybean oils seal in moisture and aid in rehydrating.

I oftern have pretty sad looking cuticles (probably from typing thousands of words a day and banging my nails on a keyboard repeatedly) so I need to give my fingers as much love as possible. I can say that this cuticle oil has been working, I actually look forward to applying it because of how gorgeous it smells. It's a double win really.

So after I feel in love with this oil, I stumbled upon Apivita's Facial Exfoliating Gentle Cleansing Gel. If you're like me and are constantly on the hunt for a facial exfoliator that has enough grit to feel as though it's actually buffing away at the skin, but you don't want anything too abrasive (especially in winter) so that you don't depart the shower with what looks like wind chapped cheeks - this will soon be your holly grail cleanser.

It features tiny apricot and jojoba seeds that gently exfoliate the skin, which are mixed with honey and allantoin (a chemical compound that smooths out the skins surface), and grape seed oil to leave a feeling of total freshness. Apivita also replaces water in their face cleaning products with green tea which gives your skin an antioxidant boost.

The smell of course is divine - thanks to the mix of the fruity agents listed above.

I'll definitely be using both of these products right through winter and I'm so happy that I was pleasantly surprised by them. It goes to show that you really have to try something before you decide you don't like it!

SS x

No comments: